This Policy does not apply to the procedures and practices followed by entities that are not managed, owned or controlled by the Company or to persons that are not engaged, employed or managed by the Company.
your personal information may be processed in the country where it was collected as well as other countries where the laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
The information We learn from you helps Us to personalize and continually improve your experience with respect to the Portal and enable you to more fully take advantage of the various benefits available to you through your association with the Company through the Portal, for example, notifying you of any offers or opportunities that you may be eligible for, etc.
WHAT INFORMATION IS, OR MAY BE, COLLECTED FROM YOU?
The types of information We may obtain/collect include:
- Username and password for the account you may establish on the Portal.
- your personal details such as name, age, gender, address (including pin code), email address, phone numbers, occupation (if applicable), other demographic information and other non-public information.
- Search behaviour and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on the Portal. We do this in order to present you with recommendations based on your interests as expressed previously through your searches.
- Other details that you may submit to Us or that may be included in the information provided to Us by third parties.
- Any information, data, text, photographs, graphics, video, advertisements, messages or other materials submitted, posted, uploaded or displayed by you on or through the Portal (“User Content”).
HOW THE INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED/OBTAINED FROM YOU
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including the Portal, when you upload any User Content on the Portal, call or email Us or communicate with Us through social media, or when you participate in events, contests or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from Our business partners and other third parties and publicly available information.
We may also obtain contact information and other marketing lead information from third parties and website visitors, including you. Others may provide Us with your email address through social networking platforms.
When you register and use Our Services on the Portal, you may contribute content listed under the section entitled “WHAT INFORMATION IS, OR MAY BE, COLLECTED FROM YOU?” above.
In addition, when you visit the Portal or use Our Services, We may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below. The information We may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices Our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to the Portal, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave the Portal.
- Dates and times of visits to the Portal.
- Information on actions taken on the Portal (such as page views, site navigation patterns, etc.).
- A general geographic location (such as country, state and city) from which a visitor accesses the Portal.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach the Portal.
USE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use the information We obtain about you to:
- Register, manage and maintain your account on the Portal.
- Provide products or services requested by you.
- Display, share and/or publish the User Content on the Portal or provide the same to such recipients as are intended based on the specific services used by you on the Portal.
- Process, validate and deliver your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone).
- Inform users of products and/or services that may be beneficial or of interest to them; and upon receiving the consent or concurrence or an indication of interest, from the users in respect of the same, putting the users in touch with the suppliers or providers of such products and/or services, and providing relevant information pertaining to the users to such suppliers or providers.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Portal.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests and/or enable you to communicate with Us and other users of the Portal through Our message boards, blogs, social networks and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- Manage your participation in events and promotions conducted by the Company, where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- Operate, evaluate and improve the Portal and the products and services offered by the Company.
- Analyze trends and create statistics regarding visitors’ use of the Portal, the interests of Our visitors, and any preferences with regard thereto.
- Aggregate or anonymize such information for business, peer and other business user level analytics and marketing uses by Us or by third parties. For example, aggregate or anonymous data may be used to improve Our services, measure and analyze the use of services and to help make services and advertising more relevant to customers.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Enforce the terms and conditions of the Portal.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and Our policies.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Portal (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Portal. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described below.
If We seek to use the information We obtain about you in other ways, We will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
- The Company also may disclose specific user information, where such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law or order, judgment or decree of a court or authority of competent jurisdiction, or to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of the Company or other users of the Portal.
- In addition, information We have collected may be passed on to third parties:
- In the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of the Company;
- in cases involving danger of death or serious physical injury to any person or other emergencies;
- for the purpose of protecting Our rights or property, or the safety of Our customers or employees;
- for the purpose of preventing fraudulent, malicious, abusive, unauthorized or unlawful use of or subscription to the Portal and to protect Our network, services, devices and users from such use;
- for the purpose of advancing or defending the Company and/or their respective directors, officers, agents, employees, and representatives against complaints or legal claims in court, administrative proceedings and elsewhere;
- such as credit bureaus, banks, or collection agencies for reporting purposes and/or to obtain payment for products and services purchased from Us;
- whom you have authorized to verify your account information;
- as required in respect of the specific services utilised by you on the Portal; or
- such as external auditors and/or governmental authorities or other regulators; or
- with your consent.
DELETION OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
If you want to delete or remove your information permanently from the Portal, you may send an e-mail to email@example.com or through Contact Us. Please include “Delete my Information” in the subject line and your full name and e-mail address in the body of the e-mail. We will respond to or act on your request in a timely manner, normally within thirty (30) days. Please note that some information may not be deleted from all databases and backup records and recipes once uploaded will continue to remain on the Portal, even if you delete your account or your information.
Upon cancellation of your account for any reason whatsoever, or deletion of your information based on your request, copies of your information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared publicly or otherwise by you, with other members/users, service providers, consultants, professionals, or was copied or stored by others. We may also retain certain information for customer service, legal and similar business purposes. We will also retain logs, demographic, indirect, and statistical information that may relate to you but do not identify you personally. Moreover, notwithstanding the cancellation of your account or deletion of your information, the Company shall be entitled to continue to use your Information for its business analytics and other purposes, without requiring your consent or authorization in any manner.
WHAT CHOICES ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU REGARDING COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR INFORMATION?
Supplying information is entirely voluntary. You are not required to register with Us in order to use the Portal. However, please note that certain services are available only to visitors who do register.
You may change your interests at any time and may opt-in or opt-out of any marketing / promotional / newsletters mailings. The Company reserves the right to send you certain service related communication, considered to be a part of your account with the Portal without offering you the facility to opt-out. You may update your information and change your account settings at any time.
If you no longer wish to receive Our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing Us at
Upon request, We will remove/block your personal information from Our database, thereby cancelling your registration. However, your information may remain stored in archive on Our servers even after the deletion or the termination of your account.
If your personal information or email address changes, or if you no longer desire Our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by making the necessary changes on your profile page on the Portal, or by emailing Our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting Us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier and secured for you to navigate the Portal. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. you can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. Reference for cookies can be found at http://www.cookiecentral.com/.
We use session cookies to store the secure session and browsing preferences of the user. We set a persistent cookie to store your username and interests so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable Us to track and target the interests of Our users to enhance the experience on the Portal.
If you reject cookies, you may still use the Portal, but your ability to use some areas of the same will be limited. Cookies are used in shopping cart to enable enhanced security and ensuring there is no URL based spamming.
Some of Our business partners (e.g., advertisers) set cookies while delivering banners on the Portal. We have no access to or control over these cookies.
UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
You may access, update and amend personal information included in your online account at any time by logging into your account and making the necessary changes.
LINKS TO OTHER PORTALS
The Portal may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by entities not owned by the Company. These other sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by the Company, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
SECURITY PROCEDURES IN PLACE TO PROTECT INFORMATION FROM LOSS, MISUSE OR ALTERATION
To protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Our control, We have in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures. For example, Our servers are accessible only to authorized personnel and your information is shared with Our personnel on a need to know basis.
Although We will endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. By using the Portal, you agree that We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personal information including name, age, phone numbers, email addresses, unique IDs, demographic information as well as other non-public information submitted to Us, both during transmission and once We receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information and email address, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We reserve the right to change or update this policy at any time by placing a prominent notice on the Portal. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon the same being posted on the Portal.